1) Shaun's sister, Shannon, had a birthday, which she celebrated with an epic old western murder mystery themed party of which I was a little jealous.
2) My dad had a birthday, which he celebrated by eating cake.
3) I had a birthday, which we celebrated by cooking steaks and lobster tail. Don't be taken aback by our fanciness. I had no experience cooking lobster tail, so I tried broiling it with some butter and seasonings. Thing is, the butter spatters on the oven elements, which creates smoke. When that happens, the smoke alarm goes off with its shrill, awful noise. Then, the cat freaks out and runs around the house non-stop. So, in order to get the smoke alarm to quit making our ears bleed, my husband waves a towel at it and opens the door and so we're freezing, coughing, and deaf. Oh, right, then the neighbor's dog starts howling because his ears are bleeding, too. All told, the smoke alarm went off...oh...five times? Kind of ruined the 'fanciness' of the evening. But the lobster? So worth it!
Shaun and I had our first married Valentine's day. We retried our surf n' turf idea with more success and less smoke. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. Someone told me at work that I seemed more like the sort of person who would eat chicken, rather than steak twice in four days. Pah! Chicken, my foot.
4) More of the bookshelf got decoupaged. Want to know the funny thing about bookshelves? They're big. I may have gotten in over my head on this one, folks...but since our books are all over our guest beds and the shelf is on its side between the two beds, I suppose I'll have to finish this project relatively soon. Not like my half-crocheted blanket which has been half-crocheted for two years now.
5) I applied for a promotion at work. I would still be a teller, but would have a bit more responsibility and a bit more authority. Oh, and a bit more pay. And more pay equals more shoes. I should know sometime next week, but I am quite optimistic. Especially about the shoes.
6) On a serious note, our friend (and my best friend's father) Stan was diagnosed with cancer. He has just begun the long process of treatments and doctor visits, so if you know Stan, or even if you don't, please keep him and his family in your thoughts.
A few other highlights: a fun get-together with friends this evening, one cousin found out their third baby is going to be a boy, another cousin is thisclose to having her third boy, I got another plant, a long weekend of fishing for Shaun since it's President's Day weekend, and the groundhog did not see his shadow...and that's all I can think of.
No comments:
Post a Comment