Shaun and Emily

Shaun and Emily Durkee - Welcome to our blog!





Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It all started a little while ago. I just wanted something tiny, warm, and cuddly to hold in my arms. No one was going to talk me out of it. Believe me, Shaun tried. We knew it was just a matter of the right timing. So, after a lot of long talks between Shaun and I, and careful consideration, we decided it was time to add to our family.
.
..
...
....
.....
....
...
..
.
Meet Pippin Rose Durkee.



I've been hatching the beginning of this post for two days now. I hope I at least had someone convinced for a moment that the stork had visited.
Our Sunday elders' cat had a litter of kittens recently, and she was just too cute to go to some stranger's house. We have discussed getting another cat for a while now, but the old apartment didn't have enough space, and we weren't sure how our cat Phanuter would react to a little brother or sister. (He isn't super impressed.) Shaun has a soft spot for grey cats, having had one growing up, and I have a soft spot for kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, fish, and bunnies, so it was a lost cause when we saw her tiny little face. We still didn't know if Big Brother could handle the intrusion, so we asked if we could keep her for a few days and bring her back if it didn't work out. We decided not to name her right away in case things didn't work out, but both feline members of our family seem to be adjusting. So, it's official...Pippin Rose is here to stay. And that's one more New Year's resolution down.
Speaking of New Year's resolutions, I did get the bookcase done, and it is now serving its purpose much more beautifully than before. So, by special request, here are the pictures...

Before:


After:



Happy spring, everyone. Fingers crossed the sun actually shows its face one of these days!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting a picture of your bookcase. I love it. And your kitten is adorable.
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on you new little girl. However, you guys must have fallen in love with our cat when you were out here. I guess Tiger has a lot younger twin afterall. We will send you a picture of our little guy by email. Very cute. Enjoy. B and W