1) Finish crocheting a blanket I've been working on. For two years.
2) Decoupage the ugliest bookshelf in the world to make it look a bit more presentable.
3) Decorate our home in some kitschy, Martha Stewart/Pottery Barn-esque way.
4) Get another cat. Porter (sadly) went to another home, so Shaun thinks he's off the hook on this issue for now. Little does he know...
5) Be more experimental with my cooking, i.e. less meat n' potatoes type meals, more stuff with unique ingredients. Also, less butter, more veggies. Though veggies are good with butter.
6) Drink more water.
7) Get, and keep alive, a few more plants. I have a beautiful orchid that is the first plant I've ever owned to flourish. It's so cheerful on our end table that I'm inspired to attempt to have a green thumb.
8) Pick up a new hobby. For this, I don't even have any ideas, so I'll probably Google it and try the first thing I see. Unless it involves: eating onions, skydiving, or something that seems painful.
9) Buy some kid's toys, that way when kids come visit our home they have something to do. Not so that we have kid's toys for our own kids. I expect their grandparents will want to take care of that. In twenty years, when the time comes.
10) Make one of those cutesy little clothesline things...you know the ones where it's made out of twine and then there's these mini clothespins that you hang pictures on? The fridge is full, and we need to display all the millions of pictures we have of our friends and family.
I don't know what my dear husband's resolutions might be. Fish more this year than last? By the by, that would be over forty days, which was his 2010 number. Get contacts, probably. Learn to tie more patterns of flies? Fish new spots? Camp? Not get a second cat?
As usual, most of these goals will probably go unrealized, just like last year, but it feels good to have a list. And since all three of our readers know about it, maybe I'll hold myself more accountable this year, at the risk of losing face. Seems unlikely.
Hope 2011 is off to a great start for all!
4 comments:
Your list made me laugh...thanks for that! :) As for buying kids' toys...I know what you mean. I was lamenting about that same thing to a friend of mine in town and she said that when SHE had that problem, she just went to some garage sales and got a bucket full of kids toys for a buck! They were all in relatively good condition, too, and I was impressed with that idea! So...go to some garage sales and pick up some used puzzles, books and small-ish kid toys and you'll be SET (and within budget). Yay! ;)
Wow, either Shaun has changed a lot or Emily wrote that list.
david d
Yard sales and second hand stores are good places to pick up kids' toys. You'll be shocked by the new prices. And I'm sure you must have at least 4 readers. Just maybe some silent ones.
Good luck with your resolution list! Morgan always says it is a bigger commitment to write something down than to just say it. Maybe I should write mine down to further commit myself to keeping them. :) Happy New Year! Love, Michelle
Post a Comment